How To Write The Perfect Pilot in 30 Days
In this practical workshop, Marilyn will discuss the elements that make up a perfect half-hour pilot. A perfect pilot is one that sells, and to do so, must contain certain elements that will insure the proper industry reception. The class will focus on the half hour pilot, because this is the most commercially viable format for the first time TV Writer/Creator.
You’ll learn how to:
- Create a commercially viable concept
- Build “Lovable” characters
- Determine your genre: Comedy, Drama or Dramedy
- Structure a half-hour pilot
- Construct a “Season Arc” for your story
- Organize a “Bible” for your show
This workshop will be helpful whether you’re a beginning writer, producer, director or a seasoned veteran looking for some new tips. Attendees will receive a free copy of Marilyn’s New York University textbook, The Four Magic Questions of Screenwriting.
September 9, 2017 6:30-8:30pm at 6 East 39th Street, 12th floor.
Cost $35.00 for non-members/$25.00 for NYWIFT members
Please check back for link
From Idea to Concept