“Dying is easy, comedy is hard.”
So said the great comedian Jack Benny, but if you wait that long to confirm his point, you probably won’t sell your script!
Comedy writers have a secret: they always get extra help. Why? Because comedy writing isn’t easy. Comedy writers’ rooms typically contain 6 to 12 writers. No one does everything—different writers have different strengths. You may have a great story and wonderful characters, but if your jokes aren’t top-shelf, potential buyers will pass. Why lose a sale because you have only two out of three?
You wouldn’t let your kid play in the street wearing a blindfold.
Don’t let your screenplay out the door without a coat.
Get some comedy insurance!
How I can help:
I’ll take you to the finish line, gut-checking your story structure and giving your script the comedy punch-up it deserves. Funnier is better! Make ‘em laugh! And remember, even the greatest script can always be improved.
Here’s what you get:
- A professional script evaluation to make sure your story structure is perfect.
- A dialogue cleanup and polish.
- Dozens of jokes, one-liners, and comedic buttons to spice up your screenplay or teleplay.
- Copy-editing and proofreading.
Here’s how the process works:
- Set up a complimentary 15-minute consultation.
- Submit your screenplay or teleplay.
- I will evaluate the story structure and comedic elements to determine what your script needs to make it market-ready.
- You and I meet to discuss and come to an agreement on the main points.
- I revise your script.
- You review the first script revision.
- We make changes.
- You review the second revision.
- We finalize the draft.
- The script is copy-edited and proofread.
Now you’re ready to go, while retaining all rights and credit to your script.
Optional: I can also help you write your pitch.
Want to learn more?
Contact Marilyn at 1-212-600-1115 or horowitz.marilyn [at] gmail [dot] com for a FREE 15 minute consultation!