Write. Re-Write. Develop a Screenplay in 10 Weeks: Private 1-on-1
Write, re-write, or develop your screenplay in just 10 weeks. This intensive 1-on-1 writing course with Professor Horowitz takes you from idea to first draft of a feature length screenplay using accelerated techniques that focus on character, empowering you to develop plots naturally. This is the basis for the decades-long successful course at NYU that has launched so many successful careers.
Want to learn more?
Want to learn more? Contact Marilyn at 1-212-600-1115 or horowitz.marilyn [at] gmail [dot] com for a FREE 15 minute consultation!
This course uses a series of visual exercises with a nonlinear approach to traditional three-act structure. Using simple exercise, Professor Horowitz will lead you through the step-by-step process that will result in an organic, finely-tuned first draft complete with high stakes and memorable characters. This course will jump-start writers who want to learn to structure their screenplay and to fix structure problems before they begin. You will learn to intensify dialogue and bring vivid characters to life.
Weeks 1 & 2 are for development of your story idea. Beginning in week 3, students are expected to write 10-20 pages, or 1 scene a week. In 10 weeks – you have a first draft of a complete screenplay!
10-Weeks Private Lessons include:
- Creating a detailed and time-efficient action plan to outline and structure your screenplay
- Creating a mythic journey map in the tradition of successful Hollywood movies
- Gaining an intuitive understanding of the difficult core of movie structure which will serve not just this script but everything you write in the future
- Fun and fast exercises to create unforgettable, living characters
- The course includes 8 hours of 1-on-1 classes, a reading and an evaluation
- A unique evaluation process, which will ensure that when your script goes to market it will be ready!
Cost: $4,500Purchase the course now